The Navajo Nation Zoo is continually being renovated and improved for the animals, visitors and staff. You will likely see us working on any number of projects during your visits.
Of course, we always have a number of other projects waiting to be started. Some require more funding than we currently have available and therefore are great candidates for Project Sponsorship. Other improvement projects require additional assistance from Volunteers, and are waiting for the right person to provide assistance.
The following are the main projects completed in 2013:
- New Quarantine & Veterinary Station.
- New mountain lion holding enclosure.
- New black bear holding enclosure.
- Park benches installed.
- New picnic tables installed.
- Multiple building heaters installed.
- Camera security system installed.
- Elk enclosure fence replacement.
- New Gray Fox House
- Portion of Deer enclosure fence replacement.
- Construction of new storage unit for Zoo equipment.
- New, modern exhibit signage completed.
- Greenhouse development.
- Warehouse and restroom heaters.
- Parking lot gravel project by Navajo Div. of Transportation.
Zoo Hours: 10 am - 4:30pm, Monday - Saturday, and most major holidays.
Admission is Free for everyone!