The Navajo Nation Zoo is continually being renovated and improved for the animals, visitors and staff. You will likely see us working on any number of projects during your visits.
Of course, we always have a number of other projects waiting to be started. Some require more funding than we currently have available and therefore are great candidates for Project Sponsorship. Other improvement projects require additional assistance from Volunteers, and are waiting for the right person to provide assistance.
The following are the main projects completed in 2012:
- Bighorn sheep enclosure completed.
- New bear quarantine enclosure completed.
- New kitchen roof.
- New eagle quarantine roof.
- New hawk quarantine roof.
- Hogan roofs renovated.
- Red fox shade house built.
- Discovery Center doors replaced.
- Elk enclosure improvements.
- New water fountain at north end.
- Hawk enclosure renovations.
- Discovery Center electrical improvements.
- New, modern exhibit signage.
- Eagle Feather Distribution began.
Zoo Hours: 10 am - 4:30pm, Monday - Saturday, and most major holidays.
Admission is Free for everyone!