The Navajo Nation Zoo is continually being renovated and improved for the animals, visitors and staff. You will likely see us working on any number of projects during your visits.
Of course, we always have a number of other projects waiting to be started. Some require more funding than we currently have available and therefore are great candidates for Project Sponsorship. Other improvement projects require additional assistance from Volunteers, and are waiting for the right person to provide assistance.
The following are the main projects completed in 2010:
- NDOT renovated access raod and parking lot.
- New Zoo sign installed at entrance road.
- Raccoon enclosure completed.
- Mountain Lion holding enclosure renovated.
- Waterfall multi-species exhibit renovated.
- New raptor wingspan banner installed.
Zoo Hours: 10 am - 4:30pm, Monday - Saturday, and most major holidays.
Admission is Free for everyone!